In the context of conducting our business activities, we process the personal data that you have made available to us by entering it on our website and/or the data that we have collected automatically during your visit to our website. Below, you will find an overview of the personal data we process, depending on your use of the website:
- First name and surname
- Date of birth
- Telephone number
- E-mail address
- IP address
- Bank account number
- Information about your activities on our website
- Browser information
- Other personal data that you provide to us in an active way, for example by creating an account, by e-mail, by letter and/or by phone.
Special and/or sensitive data
Our website and/or services are not intended to collect information about visitors under the age of 16, unless they have the permission of their parents or guardian. We cannot verify whether a visitor is over 16 years of age, however. We therefore encourage parents to keep an eye on their children at all times when they are online, so that sensitive information cannot be collected without a parent’s consent. If you believe that we have collected personal information about a minor without the latter’s consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly delete that information.
We process personal data for the following purposes:
- To process your registration and/or payment after placing an order.
- In order to be able to contact you by e-mail or phone if this is necessary to carry out the service you have chosen.
- In order to be able to provide you with the goods and services you have purchased.
- In order to inform you about (changes to) our services and products that you have previously purchased. You can always unsubscribe through the link in the e-mail.
- In order to be able to send you the newsletters to which you have subscribed.
- To create an account after you have signed up.
Via K & Co does not make decisions based on automated processing (algorithms) that could have adverse consequences for you.
Personal data will not be kept longer than necessary. This period depends on the purpose for which we have received the personal data, or on any legally required retention period that may apply. If you have any questions about this, please contact us at email@example.com.
We will only share your personal information with business partners and third parties if this is necessary to carry out the agreement we have with you, or to comply with a legal obligation. We may also share your personal information in some other cases, but always with your explicit consent.
We have an agreement with the companies that process your personal data on our behalf that ensures that they process the data with the same level of security as we do, in order to guarantee the confidentiality of your data. We remain responsible for such processing.
Cookies or similar techniques
A cookie is a small text file that your browser stores on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you visit a website. We use 4 types of cookies. Firstly, the necessary cookies with a purely technical functionality. These cookies ensure that the website works properly. Secondly, there are analytics cookies that contain anonymized information about the use of our website. This helps us to optimise our website. Preference cookies are cookies that store your preferences (chosen language, your cookie preferences). Finally, there are marketing cookies, which track your browsing habits. Cookies created by social media websites such as YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest fall under this category.
We informed you about these cookies during your first visit to our website, and, by using our website, you give us permission to place them.
You can also unsubscribe from cookies from all websites through your browser settings, so that it no longer stores cookies. Please use the help function of your browser to see how to do this. You can also delete all previously saved cookies through your browser settings. If you disable cookies, your experience on the website may be disappointing.
Viewing, modifying or deleting data
You have the right to view, change or delete your personal data. You also have the right to withdraw your previously given consent to the processing of your personal data, or to object to the processing of your personal data by Via K & Co, and you also have the right to data transfer. This means that you can request us to send you a computer file containing all the personal data we have stored about you.
Requests to view, change, delete or transfer your personal data, to withdraw your consent or to object to the processing of your personal data can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we protect your personal data
Protecting your personal data is very important to us, and we take appropriate measures to prevent unauthorised access to, and the misuse, loss and unauthorised disclosure and alteration of your personal data. If you feel that your data is not being properly protected, or if you have evidence of misuse, please contact us at email@example.com.
We take the following measures to protect your personal data:
- Our servers and our employees’ devices are equipped with the latest security software, such as a virus scanner and firewall.
- We only send data over the Internet through secure connections (TLS/SSL), and you can recognise this from the address bar with ‘https’ and the lock.
- Access to your personal information is protected with 2-factor authentication.
- Access to your personal data through mobile devices is restricted, and is actively monitored.
- All employees of Via K & Co who have access to your personal data have been trained to handle your data with care.
- DKIM and SPF are Internet standards that we use to prevent you from receiving e-mails in our name that contain viruses, that are spam or that are intended to obtain personal (login) data.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data for any reason, you can contact the Data Protection Authority (rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels).
Last modified: April 2018